Energy Performance Contracts
Annual savings of 130,900 kWh
Complete refurbishment of the public lighting system
Complete refurbishment of the public lighting system of the Municipality of Bad Schallerbach (790 lighting points) to LED.
Energy efficiency improvement measures often require significant upfront investments. In many cases, Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) can offer a solution to overcome this obstacle. A well-functioning contracting market can contribute to achieving significant increase in energy efficiency and long-term energy and cost savings. Upper Austria was the first region to implement a dedicated programme to overcome barriers of Energy Contracting market development. The regional government started its first programme for EPC market development in 1998.
- The programme supports energy efficiency projects and investments in renewable energy technologies in the public and business sectors
- Strong supporting facilitation service (information & advice services offered by the regional energy agency)
- Financial incentive offered by the regional government
- This has led to a functional and well developed EPC market in Upper Austria with many EPC projects implemented each year
- Total investment: 354,600 Euro
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL DETAILS
Energy Performance Contracting (EPC) - ESCO
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS (REPLICATION POTENTIAL)
The presence of a regional facilitation service, offered by the OÖ Energiesparverband (ESV) has shown to be a crucial factor in the positive development of the EPC market and the success of the Energy Contracting Programme.