5M€ sustainable transport investment in Valladolid
S2CITY “It is your city” – “Es tu ciudad”
S2CITY initiative aims the improvement of citizen and tourist services through ICT.
To attain this goals the initiative proposes the creation of an unique access to public services through the citizens and tourists card and / or the mobile device, while rewarding those citizens who contribute to build a more sustainable and smart city applying “gamification” techniques. It applies also big data technologies.
This project is implemented from RED.ES thanks to funding from through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and the European Social Fund (ESF).
- Red.es is a public corporate entity belonging to the Ministry of Energy, Tourism and the Digital Agenda (MINETAD), and which depends on the Secretary of State for Information Society and Digital Agenda (SESIAD). It deploys programmes to implement technology in Government public services
- T-Systems is the ICT company carrying out the project
- All the departments of the municipality are involved in the project with the coordination of the Agency for Innovation and Economic Development.
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL DETAILS
Source of Funds:
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS (REPLICATION POTENTIAL)
- Multiple departments are involved, so their commitment is key for the project success
- Putting the pieces together through data allows the improvement of public services
- When citizens perceive the benefits of holding the citizen card (discounts, better fares…) an increase in the city census can be achieved