Total energy savings of 30%
Smart Public Lighting in Sant Cugat
- Define lighting performance parameters throughout the municipality adapting to the use of the area: levels, uniformities, typology, etc.
- Minimize energy consumption.
- Minimize light pollution.
- Implement telemanagement systems to improve efficiency.
- Adapt the facilities to the new regulations.
- Replacement of 3,812 bulbs with more efficient conventional lighting technologies (Sodium).
- Replacement of 2,935 luminaires (943 LED lamps).
- Tele management of 187 electric cabinets.
- Dimming system in 130 electric cabinets.
- 341 lamps with movement sensors for pedestrians.
- 30% reduction in energy consumption despite the 7% increase in total lamps.
- LED: a new lighting system available, cost-effective and controllable (pedestrian areas).
TECHNICAL & FINANCIAL DETAILS
Public Private Partnership (PPP)
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS (REPLICATION POTENTIAL)
- Exploitation of Big Data.
- High acceptance by citizens.
- Significant energy savings.
- Easy and not expensive to implement.