ICP Europe Training on Street Lighting Protocol
May 9, 2018 at 10:00 European Summer Time
The ICP project is designed to deliver confidence to all of those involved in the energy efficiency project cycle from owners through to project developers and verifiers. Confidence is increased through the application of best practice based protocols, e.g. how to calculate baselines. The protocols were prepared in the project with the help and guidance of many of experts. Simply:
- For asset owners or managers, the ICP approach will provide transparency of the process and will give them the confidence in implementing the measures.
- For the project developer, ICP provides a process that is understood and accepted by all participants. This will reduce transaction costs and should minimise any misunderstandings.
- For the financial community, the ICP approach standardises the project development process and bring the necessary confidence to undertake the investments. Importantly, ICP Europe Investor Network is comprised of energy efficiency investors who recognise the benefit of industry best practice and standardised energy renovation project delivery.
The Protocols are quite technical and designed to assist the project process. The ICP Training System combines the use of the ICP Protocols and independent third party verification to create Investor Ready Energy Efficiency™ (IREE™) projects that provide investors and asset owners with a new level of confidence in project engineering, performance and returns.
ICP Project Developers (PDs) have to be trained by ICP, their qualifications and experience have to be vetted and are the only ones that can develop an IREE™ project and be a member of the ICP Project Developer Network. PDs can be ESCOs, engineering firms, facility managers, asset owners, or others that develop project proposals. Information on the requirements to join the Project Developer Network is available here.
The first training is May 9, 2018 at 10:00 European Summer Time. You can register for this first training here. Training is free due to the EU funding of the ICP project.
City Finance Lab
May 25, 2018 at 14:30 CEST
Please register for The City Finance Lab - boosting innovation in climate finance for cities on May 25, 2018 2:30 PM CEST.
Cities are key to tackling climate change but green urban projects that address and adapt to this challenge by delivering healthier, more resilient and more liveable European cities still struggle to attract sufficient investment.
The City Finance Lab was founded to support the development of innovative and well-designed financial instruments that can remove barriers to investment in sustainable cities. It is Europe’s first dedicated platform supporting the development of innovative financial solutions that increase investment in low-carbon and sustainable urban projects.
It supports financial innovators by bringing together leading city finance experts from public, private and philanthropic organisations to develop and improve their ideas. By doing so, it also aims to catalyze broader public and private sector efforts to scale up green investment.
This webinar will present the City Finance Lab, including:
- Background and rationale for the lab
- Stakeholders groups and how they interact with the lab
- Upcoming key events
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.